Saturday, February 7, 2009

My walk w/ Christ

I have decided to start over. I have been praying for a little while that I could step up and step out. What I mean by this is that I feel as if I have been one of those people who attend church when the doors are open & I ask God for help when life is looking down. I also feel like I have been living some what of a life that is unpleasing to God. So I have taken a new vow which I am now putting out there. I not only want to be healthier because my body is God's temple he gave it to me just for a short while. I have also decided that I want to become stronger in my faith. I am the type that feels comfortable teaching younger children because well it doesn't seem to hard. But I have found myself realizing it's harder than it looks if you don't dig into your word daily. Now I am not saying I will change overnight I am just praying that I can start to slowly change. It might take me a few months or a year to get into the word like I want to be. I always have an excuse as to why I don't have time for God but now that's going to change. I mean I read my bible just not like I should. I am going to have a fresh start. I have lost 11 lbs this week & I am starting to Try to do better in my walk with God but I can't do it alone. I know I have to take step by step & ask God for his guidance and that's what I am doing. It's been awhile since I have posted but I want to start trying to update weekly on my struggles, my goals & have far I have come.

2 comments:

Goodfellas Pipe & Cigar said...

I think that's great Chasity...we all need to make improvements with our walk with Christ. He will never be finished working on me, that's for sure. You should come to women's Bible study on Sundays at 4:30. We're in the fellowship hall...good times!!!

Raising the Rollins' said...

Oooops! That last comment was from me, not Matt. Trust me, you won't find him in a women's Bible study! Ha-Ha!